Ric Stagg and Don Sasso give it to you raw, no lube.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Finally back from Rhode Island

Don Sasso here... I'm finally back from Rhode Island where Ric, "Ricky's Kids", Larry Crumbley, the Adler crew, and I were livin' up the 2006 Cyclocross National Championships.



I learned a few things in Providence that my Social Studies teacher at Devry didn't tell me:


- Having been born in Camden and now living in Newark's Little Italy (down the block from Stagg), who knew that Providence is like all Italian too? Who knew that they have a great bike shop called The Hub? Any shop that throws keggers and has their own espresso machine is tops in my book.

- Ben Jacques-Maynes has a pretty sweet mustache but sports terrible sunglasses.

- Some people call Rhode Island "New Jersey Lite" and what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

- Providence is a drunk town.

- Sparks is best used as a mixer with cheap vodka.

- People in Providence love to yell shit out of their cars and are so fucking lucky that I was too drunk to throw my knife.

- There is only one hot chick in the whole city and she works at the Mobil but parties at the Fish Co. The rest of the biddies are rollin thick beer gunts and would never get a ride in my new '86 Monte Carlo, even before I had The Ric put the new pipes on it.

- Spend $18 on a double burger, cheese fries, chips, and cola at 4AM at the Haven Brothers grease truck. Yell at the fat limo drivers and drunk frat guys.

- I'm not totally into the Hip Hop, but you've got to listen to Clipse's "Trill" at least 3 times every hour while drunk in Providence. It's a terrible song in any other situation and will blow out your car's factory speakers.

A few shout-outs to Tina, Stacy and Dawn from up north. Destiny King, I'm sorry baby for leaving you at the bus station like that. Please don't tell Jeff - he already has enough stress in his life and has that eating problem and all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Sasso obveusly no one give a fuck

5:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home